Car Accident Driving to work? What Do I Claim? TAC or Workcover

Have you ever wondered about your rights if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident on the way to work?

If you have not yet commenced working and are simply commuting to your regular place of employment, then you need to lodge a claim with the TAC. Many years ago there were ‘journey’ provisions in the Workcover legislation but these were removed by the Kennett government.

However, if you have started work at home by logging on to your emails, made phone calls, or driven to one job and then another, then there is a good argument that a Workcover claim should be lodged if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident.

If you are injured on the road whilst working then you will have a Workcover claim for wages, medical expenses and possibly impairment; and if the accident occurred because of another road user, a  potential common law claim for negligence against the TAC if you have a serious injury.

If you have any cause for alarm about these issues, please contact us on (03) 5444 4969 or info@frigeriolegal.com.au for expert Workcover and TAC advice, and if necessary, a first free consultation and potential no win no fee terms of engagement.


Are you paying a gap at the Physio for TAC treatment?

Are you paying a gap at the Physio for TAC treatment?

Can I claim TAC benefits if I am at fault?

Can you claim TAC benefits if I cause the accident myself? This blog explores this issue further.

Turn the Bloody TV down ! Hearing loss claims under workcover

Have you worked in a noisy environment? Do you need the tv or radio up loud? Have trouble hearing in a group setting or on the phone?